School Sports Premium Funding at Highnam C of E Primary Academy
The Government is providing £150 million of ‘Sport Premium’ funding per annum (academic year) to primary schools to support the delivery of PE & School Sport. This funding will be
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils (5-11yrs) will receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil, per annum.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
sportcompetitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on
after schoolsports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
P.E Vision Statement
To support excellence in PE through promoting healthy active lifestyles, engaging in competitive activities and developing
P.E is a central part of the school development plan. Sport is used across the curriculum and has been integrated into the school ethos. P.E is used to build confidence, engage with the wider community and foster positive relationships with local schools.
Sports Funding Allocation 2022-2023 - £17,850
(Click here for the 2022-2023 allocated funding document)
Sports Funding Allocation 2021-2022 - £17,820
(Click here for the 2021-2022 allocated funding document)
Sports Funding Allocation 2020-2021 - £17,820
(Click here for the 2020-2021 allocated funding document)
Sports Funding Allocation 2019-2020 - £17,800
(Click here for the 2019-2020 allocated funding document)
Impact and Monitoring
- Use of Funding will be monitored throughout the year to ensure maximum impact and enable our pupils to receive high quality PE and Games.
- Impact will be measured against the proposed outcomes, and increased percentage of pupils receiving ‘quality provision’.
- Club analysis of those pupils that do not access the current club provision at Highnam
- Number of pupils being signposted to out of school club opportunities
Award of the Sainsbury's Gold Mark Award for PE Provision for 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017, 2017/2018 & 2018/2019
National Curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
There are 27 pupils in our Year 6. 1 pupil did not attend the swimming lessons.
63% of our Year 6 pupils are able to swim competently and confidently over 25 metres.
59% of our Year 6 pupils use a range of stroke effectively.
37% of our Year 6 pupils are able to perform a safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.