Pupil Acceptable Use Policy - KS1
The aim of this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is to ensure that pupils will benefit from learning opportunities offered by the school’s internet resources in a safe and effective manner. Internet use and access is considered a school resource and privilege. Therefore, if the school AUP is not adhered to this privilege will be withdrawn and appropriate sanctions will be imposed.
This version of the AUP was created by the Highnam e-safety committee, using a template provided by the South-West Grid for Learning which provides filtering security measures on the school network. There are a couple of updates from previous versions surrounding the use of social media and the iPads.
Please can parents discuss the main points from the Pupil AUP Agreement (below) with your child and then complete the form acknowledging the agreement.
Key Stage 1
This is how we stay safe when we use computers:
- I will ask a teacher or suitable adult if I want to use the computers / iPads.
- I will only use activities that a teacher or suitable adult has told or allowed me to use.
- I will take care of the computer and other equipment.
- I will ask for help from a teacher or suitable adult if I am not sure what to do or if I think I have done something wrong.
- I will tell a teacher or suitable adult if I see something that upsets me on the screen.
- I know that if I break the rules I might not be allowed to use a computer / iPad.