School Sports Premium Funding at Highnam C of E Primary Academy
The Government is providing £150 million of ‘Sport Premium’ funding per annum (academic year) to primary schools to support the delivery of PE & School Sport. This funding will be ring fenced and Ofsted will carry out a survey reporting on the first year’s expenditure and its impact.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils (5-11yrs) will receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil, per annum.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
P.E Vision Statement
To support excellence in PE through promoting healthy active lifestyles, engaging in competitive activities and developing determination to excel in a broad range of PE.
P.E is a central part of the school development plan. Sport is used across the curriculum and has been integrated into the school ethos. P.E is used to build confidence, engage with the wider community and foster positive relationships with local schools.
Sports Funding Allocation 2017-2018 - £19,626
Sports Funding Allocation 2016-2017 - £9000
Sports Funding Allocation 2015-2016 - £8855
Sports Funding Allocation 2014-2015 - £8820
Sports Funding Allocation 2013 – 2014 - £8840
1. Use of Funding will be monitored throughout the year to ensure maximum impact and enable our pupils to receive high quality PE and Games.Impact and Monitoring
2. Impact will be measured against the proposed outcomes, and increased percentage of pupils receiving ‘quality provision’.
3. Club analysis of those pupils that do not access the current club provision at Highnam Academy.
4.Number of pupils being signposted to out of school club opportunities
Award of the Sainsbury's Gold Mark Award for PE Provision for 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/2016 & 2016/2017